37% formaldehyde solution.
Formalin is used for etching of grain and root crops in agriculture, as a raw material in chemical industry, as a disinfectant in medicine
Physical and chemical properties of formalin technical
|№ n/o||Indicator||Norm of grades|
|GradeMethanol Formalin (MF)||Grade Formalin without methanol (FWM)|
|Top grade||First grade|
|1||Appearance||Colorless clear liquid. Possible turbidity or formation of a white precipitate, soluble at temperatures not above 400C.|
|2||mass fraction of formaldehyde, %||37,2+0,3||37,5+0,5||37,0+0,5|
|3||mass fraction of methanol, %||4-8||4-8||not above1,0|
|4||mass fraction of acids converted to formic acid, %, not above||0,02||0,02||0,02|
Formalin technical – 37,0+0,5 formaldehyde water-methanol solution.
To prevent polymerization of formalin during storage and paraformaldehyde formation, formalin is stabilized with methanol (grade MF).
Grade MF (stabilized with methanol) containing 4-8% of methanol
GradeMWF (without methanol) not above 1% of methanol.
Colorless clear flammable liquid. Possible turbidity or formation of a white precipitate, soluble at temperatures not above 400C.
Densityof 37,0% formalin technical solutionat the temperature of 200Сis 1,123 g/sm3.
Formalin technicalis widespread used:
- – in agriculture for etching of grain crops and treatment of roots, soil disinfection of premises and livestock farms;
- – in medicine as a disinfectant, and as a means for storing anatomical drugs;
- – in leather industry for leather tanning processes;
- – in textile industry to improve the resistance of fabrics from creasing and shrinking;
- – in paper industry to enhance the strength and quality of paper;
- – in chemical industry for the production of synthetic resins and plastics for the synthesis of chemicals, production of wood preservatives, chelating agents, pesticides, balsamic substances.
Guaranteed shelf life of technical formalin – 3 months from date of its producing at a temperature of 100С – 250С.
Shipment is made in a container of the Buyer. Minimum delivery – 1123 kg (1 plastic container with a capacity of 1m3)